Falkirk FC is delighted to partner with the Grangemouth Contractors Safety Alliance (GCSA) to allow us to continue and enhance our fantastic support to Legion Scotland and Poppy Scotland.
Since signing the Armed Forces Covenant, the club have made 11 Pledges of Thanks to take place this year. These include:
- Partnership with our Blind Club which saw Legion Scotland Sweetheart Amy Hawthorn provide entertainment
- Tickets for Troops giveaway
- Veterans to have breakfast with the Falkirk FC First Team
- Use of the Falkirk Stadium pitch for Veterans Charity Football Match
- Lunch for the War Widows hosted by the Falkirk FC Chairman
- Pledge to commit to fundraising throughout the year
- Donation of No 11 shirt to the Grangemouth Royal British Legion as a ‘Thank You’
- Advertising space in match day programmes
- Involvement of Army Cadets around The Falkirk Stadium
- The hosting of our Remembrance Game – Saturday 3rd November
Kieran Koszary, Commercial Director, said: “We are extremely proud of our partnership with Legion Scotland and Poppy Scotland and it was an honour to make 11 Pledges of thanks to all those who served, sacrificed, and changed our world.
“Thanks to this new partnership with the GCSA, an organisation who share our charitable values, we will be able to continue and enhance our level of support to both Legion Scotland and Poppy Scotland.”
The GCSA (Grangemouth Contractors Safety Alliance) is a Committee of Contractor Managers and HSE advisors who are committed to reducing injuries, accidents and environmental impacts, thus ensuring both companies’ and legislative compliance within the Grangemouth complex, their vision being excellent Teamwork, great Attitudes and Diversification” encouraging participation from all the relevant HSE Teams to ensure the health and Safety of all Personnel on Site at Grangemouth.
There are currently 30 Companies involved within the Charter.