Falkirk Foundation has received the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme (ERS) Bronze Award.
Highland RFCA’s Regional Employer Engagement Director Ray Watt presented the Award to Derek Allison, Chief Executive of the Foundation, on 18 March in Falkirk.
The award is in recognition of the support the charity gives to the Armed Forces.
Falkirk Foundation CEO commented “We deliver many programmes for our community and it is important that we ensure that these are open to everyone. Since signing the Armed Forces Covenant last year we have been working towards the Bronze award and we are extremely pleased to of received this recognition.
Falkirk Foundation had previously signed the Armed Forces Covenant in October 2021. The Covenant is a commitment to ensure those who serve or have served in the Armed Forces, and their families, are treated fairly.
The Covenant sets companies on the path to have their pledge recognised through the Employer Recognition Scheme. This scheme incorporates prestigious Bronze, Silver and Gold awards, granted in recognition of their pledge to support defence and the Armed Forces Community.
Falkirk Foundation was established as a charity in 2010, and sits at the heart of the community. It works with local and national partners to provide innovative programmes that engage people across all age groups and backgrounds. It also manages some local facilities that support community activity.
It aims to help the community succeed and live happier, healthier lives.
Among the many programmes it provides are:
- Community football for children and young adults.
- Targeted physical activity programmes for children and adolescents with mental health issues.
- Exercise & nutrition programmes to help reduce obesity and improve health outcomes.
- Delivery of SQA qualifications to students that do not engage well with the traditional delivery model of education.
- Holiday activity camps for school pupils.
- Employment support programmes to build confidence and support people back to work.
To find out how you can support the Falkirk Foundation or find out more about the work that they are doing contact email@example.com.