Falkirk went 11 points clear at the top of the table after a massive win over title rivals Hamilton.

The visitors got us underway here for a massive game in the Cinch League One title race.

The first chance was for Hamilton as they had a chance through on goal, the shot was saved and the ball went out for a Hamilton corner, the cross was then cleared away by the Falkirk defence.

There was then a great chance for the Bairns to take an early lead as Calvin Miller hits a shot from yards out, but his chance hit the cross bar and Falkirk are unable to follow up.

Falkirk won their first corner after Calvin Miller’s run down the wing was blocked by the Hamilton defender, the corner is whipped in the box and reaches Maclver who’s headed effort went just over.

Falkirk got ahead as Ross Maclver was played through over the top, his pass was played to Morrison who smashed his shot into the back of the net.

There was a chance for the Bairns as Morrison has the ball on the left and floated a ball into the box, Henderson got on the end of the cross, but his headed effort was just wide of the post.

It was then a second for the Bairns, as Aidan Nesbitt’s shot from inside the box was initially saved by the goalkeeper, but Ross Maclver was there to sneak past the defender and get a toe in for his rebound.

Falkirk minutes after their second got a third, with Calvin Miller getting on the end of Finn Yeat’s cross after a looping header went over the keeper.

The visitors pulled one back 32 minutes on the clock, Ahkeem Rose went past the keeper after offside shouts were made from the players and the fans, but the flag stayed down.

Falkirk had a great chance to respond after conceding, as Morrison found himself one on one with the Hamilton keeper, his shot was just wide of the post.

The referee blew the whistle for halftime, with the Bairns in a comfortable lead after an enthralling performance.

It was a cagey start to the second half with both teams having chances in the early spells of the second half, Leon McCann found himself in space, he played a whipped ball to Callumn Morrison on the right who is just tackled inside the penalty box.

The visitors got a second soon after as a corner for Hamilton was won, they were then able to get a headed effort into the back of net through Ahkeem Rose.

The second half continued to be tight between the two teams after Hamilton scored early on, with Falkirk still looking to grab the three points from the intense match.


Falkirk got a chance down the right-hand side, as Callumn Morrison cut inside and got past his man, he was then tackled in the box and the ball fell to Aidan Nesbitt, his shot was over.

There was soon after another chance for Falkirk as Ethan Ross’s low cross was just unable to reach Maclver who was there to tap it home. There was then a massive opportunity for Falkirk, Callum Morrison holds up a cross who finds Brad Spencer, his effort is just wide.

As the match drew to a close Ethan Ross was brought down after a late tackle and won the Bairns a free kick, the free kick was played to Agyeman who ran the ball into the corner flag.

After a lengthy wait of additional time the full time whistle was blown meaning that Falkirk would go 11 points clear at the top of the table, it’s looking good for the Bairns as we are back at the Falkirk Stadium for a Tuesday night game against Montrose.

Match Report by Ben Stirling

Join the Falkirk Supporters Society

Have a say in how our Club is run - join the FSS!

    Donate to the Forever Falkirk Fund!

    All donations will directly support the football budget at Falkirk FC.