Falkirk FC are recruiting for a Communications Officer to work within the club’s Marketing & Commercial department, reporting to the Commercial Director.
The role provides essential media and marketing support to departments throughout the club as well as maintaining and growing relationships with both local and national media to promote the club’s best interest.
The role requires a commercially aware, energetic professional who will be forward thinking in the area of digital media.
- Manage and edit website, social media channels, Falkirk TV, CRM systems and the match programme. This will involve writing and creating content and also coordinating content from the club’s volunteer team.
- Break news about the club through the media and club channels to maximise positive coverage.
- Engage positively with supporters and drive traffic to the official website. Communicate key messages in an exciting and innovative way.
- Engage positively with local and national press to facilitate interview requests and host press conferences.
- Manage media accreditation requests for all home matches and arrange press passes for media team for away games. Responsible for delivering all match day communication requirements, communications team management and media liaison.
- Help manage the club’s volunteer media team.
Job Role Requirements
The successful candidate will:
- Be a great communicator who can write, is digitally savvy and is a people person.
- Have a track record of delivering high profile, innovative communication campaigns that have delivered results and achieved business objectives.
- Have experience of producing innovative, exciting and engaging football and non-football content for the various club platforms including website, social media and publications.
- Be confident and able to work under pressure.
- Be hard working, organised and have the ability to plan ahead.
- Have a good understanding of the football landscape.
- Be a strong, responsible and highly motivated individual.
- Be educated to degree standard.
- Ideally, have a full driving licence.
- Have at least two years’ media/communications experience in a similar environment.
Hours: Permanent full time position, primarily based at The Falkirk Stadium 09:00 – 17:00 on weekdays in addition to match day responsibilities. You may be required to work unsociable hours and possibly statutory holidays.
Closing Date: Monday 7th September, 12noon
To apply for this position, please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.